Friday, November 11, 2016
Get Ready for Thanksgiving!
4 pounds sweet potatoes, quartered
1 1/4 cups margarine
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
Ground cinnamon to taste
Ground nutmeg to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and boil until slightly underdone, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and peel.
3. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine margarine, brown sugar, 2 cups marshmallows, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are melted.
4. Stir potatoes into marshmallow sauce. While stirring mash about half of the potatoes, and break the other into bite-sized chunks. Transfer to prepared dish.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cover top evenly with remaining marshmallows. Return to oven and bake until marshmallows are golden brown.
Recipe taken from Allrecipes.com
Labels: recipe, Thanksgiving
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.