Low-Fat Fettuccine Alfredo
12 ounces fettuccine
1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stalk peeled and sliced
1.5 cups skim milk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the broccoli until tender, 3 minutes. Drain.
3. Heat the milk and butter in a large saucepan over low heat and slowly whisk in the flour. Simmer until slightly thickened, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the pasta and broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally over low heat until heated through.
5. Top each serving with extra Parmesan.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.